Sun safety at play
Sport and recreation are an essential part of any healthy lifestyle. Being sun safe when participating in sport and recreation, whether organised team sport, walking with a group or a casual play in the park can be easy by planning ahead.
- installing and improving shade areas in environments where people are active both through structured activities such as sport and recreation and where people engage in incidental physical activity such as playground equipment
- scheduling training and game/activity times for the early morning or late afternoon and where possible do sports training in shade covered environments
- encourage uniforms and hats that offer maximum sun protection
- encourage the wearing of sunglasses while off-field
- encourage the use of sunscreen and where possible make available through the sporting or recreation organisation.